Fitness isn't just about sports—staying fit can be a great way
to squeeze some family fun into your busy day! And fitness isn't just
going to exercise class, either. Here is a quick look at the 10 basic
components of fitness to help you get on your path towards a healthy lifestyle.
1. Endurance – Endurance is your cardiovascular and respiratory systems' ability to
get oxygen, process it, and deliver it to your cells. You can build your
endurance by increasing your cardio training and by adhering to a healthy
2. Stamina – Stamina involves the body's ability to use energy that has been gathered
and stored. Increase your stamina by training a little harder and fueling
your body with the best foods possible.
3. Coordination – Your coordination is your ability to do different movements at the same
time. Up the family fun quotient by creating a backyard obstacle course!
4. Balance –
This is your body's ability to keep its center of gravity set in relation
to the body's support base. Add yoga or Pilates into your
exercise routine to strengthen your balance.
5. Flexibility – Flexibility is the range of motion of a body or joint. Try ice skating
lessons to improve your flexibility.
6. Speed – Speed is how fast you can do a set motion. Try not to perform any activities
faster than you are comfortable doing so to avoid injury.
7. Agility – How quickly you can transition from one movement to another is your agility.
Time obstacle courses are a fun way to improve your agility and get the
family involved in fitness.
8. Accuracy – Accuracy is how controlled your movements or exercises are. Like any other
component, accuracy will improve over time and with more experience.
9. Strength – The force applied by muscles is their strength. Increase your strength
by adding weight to your lifting regiment and adding repetitions.
10. Power – Power can be thought of as the maximum force in minimum time. Improving
strength and speed often help with power. See how quickly you can lift
your maximum amount of weight to gauge your power.
Aviator Sports and Events Center in New York City, we're serious about fitness—and about family
fun. From ice skating to CrossFit to team sports, we want you to get fit
and have fun doing it together. To learn more about how we can help you,
give Aviator Sports and Events Center a call at (347) 263-8416 today.